We are excited to bring you the first cannabis nurse training program of its kind. This 12-week program is comprehensive enough to teach you what you need to know to start your career as a cannabis nurse in just 4 hours per week. Complete your annual CEU requirements and learn all you need to know to help your patients navigate the therapeutic world of cannabis.
Click image for a larger view and press play (below) to listen to an audio explanation of the following infographic.
- October 2020 —
“45% of adult primary care patients reported using cannabinoids in the past year. Only 18% of patients reported their provider as being a good source of information regarding cannabis” (Wershoven et al., 2020, p.1).
Wershoven, N., Kennedy, A. G., & MacLean, C. D. (2020). Use and Reported Helpfulness of Cannabinoids Among Primary Care Patients in Vermont. Journal of primary care & community health, 11, 2150132720946954. https://doi.org/10.1177/2150132720946954
Ready to learn more?
Cohort 1 begins June 2021.
- The Marist Poll. (2017, April). Weed & the American Family. Yahoo News. http://maristpoll.marist.edu/yahoo-newsmarist-poll/#sthash.pIncI5zv.dpbs
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (2018).Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: Results from the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health. Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/cbhsq-reports/NSDUHFFR2017/NSDUHFFR2017.pdf
- Silver, R. J. (2019). The Endocannabinoid System of Animals. Animals, 9(9), 686. https://doi.org/10.3390/ani9090686
- Evanoff, A. B., Quan, T., Dufault, C., Awad, M., & Bierut, L. J. (2017). Physicians-in-training are not prepared to prescribe medical marijuana. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 180, 151–155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.08.010
- Hartley, M. (2020, January 10). Why isn’t the endocannabinoid system taught in medical schools?Leafly.com. https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/cannabis-endocannabinoid-system-in-medical-school.
- Balneaves, L. G., Alraja, A., Ziemianski, D., McCuaig, F., & Ware, M. (2018). A National Needs Assessment of Canadian Nurse Practitioners Regarding Cannabis for Therapeutic Purposes. Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, 3(1), 66–73. https://doi.org/10.1089/can.2018.0002
- Gardiner, K. M., Singleton, J. A., Sheridan, J., Kyle, G. J., & Nissen, L. M. (2019). Health professional beliefs, knowledge, and concerns surrounding medicinal cannabis – A systematic review. PLOS ONE, 14(5), e0216556. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0216556
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2017). The health effects of cannabis and cannabinoids: The current state of evidence and recommendations for research. The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/24625
- USPTO. (2003, October 7). US Patent 6,630,507. US Patent & Trademark Office, Patent Full Text and Image Database. http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,630,507.PN.&OS=PN/6,630,507&RS=PN/6,630,507.
- MacCallum, C. A., & Russo, E. B. (2018). Practical considerations in medical cannabis administration and dosing. European Journal of Internal Medicine, 49, 12–19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejim.2018.01.004
- Wilson, N., Kariisa, M., Seth, P., Smith, H., 4th, & Davis, N. L. (2020). Drug and Opioid-Involved Overdose Deaths – United States, 2017-2018. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report, 69(11), 290–297. https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6911a4
- Solowij, N., Galettis, P., Broyd, S. J., de Krey, P., & Martin, J. H. (2018). Second-Hand Exposure of Staff Administering Vaporised Cannabinoid Products to Patients in a Hospital Setting. Drugs in R&D, 18(1), 41–44. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40268-017-0225-5
- Reinhart, B. R. J. (2020, September 11). Nurses Continue to Rate Highest in Honesty, Ethics. Gallup.com.https://news.gallup.com/poll/274673/nurses-continue-rate-highest-honesty-ethics.aspx
- Laurant, M., van der Biezen, M., Wijers, N., Watananirun, K., Kontopantelis, E., & van Vught, A. J. (2018). Nurses as substitutes for doctors in primary care. The Cochrane database of systematic reviews,7(7), CD001271. https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD001271.pub3
- NCSBN Medical Marijuana Guidelines Committee. (2018). The NCSBN National Nursing Guidelines for Medical Marijuana. Journal of Nursing Regulation,9(2), S1–S60. https://doi.org/10.1016/s2155-8256(18)30082-6